Thursday, April 30, 2009

Please Don't Leave My Monkey in the Primate House!!!

Man, I am trying so hard to catch up on everyone's blogs, and you all are so prolific that it's really, really hard!!!!!

I found out that Patrick has a field trip on the same day as Josie's, to the National Zoo in DC. Since DH is having surgery the week before, and I'll be in Annapolis that day with Josie, neither of us will be going with him. I'm trying not to freak out about this. That's a loooonnngggg day for them (9-5), and I know my boy - he wants to do his own thing. At least he'll still have his cast one, which will 1- prevent him from breaking at least one of his arms, 2-make him easier to spot for his chaperone, since he'll have a day-glo green thing on his arm, and 3-make him less attractive to kidnappers, since a cast is hard to hide. I'm a little concerned about how hot it's going to be, or if it's going to be rainy, since it can't get wet, and being out in the hot sun all day with it would be really sweaty and awful, too. Plus, there's very little shade there, and not a lot of places to get drinks. My big hope is that my friend, Kristi, will go with them, because she has twins in that class, and Patrick is best friends with one of them. I'm going to email her and find out. She's the kind of person that I can trust not only to watch him, but also to make sure that they're drinking and going to the bathroom, etc.

***********************

So, are we freaking about swine flu? I'm not sure. Part of me is very nervous, since it seems likely that it's going to go through the whole population, but since everyone in the US has been fine from it so far, it doesn't seem like something that's too scary, yet. I know a lot of people in Mexico have died, but I suspect that they live in places where the medical treatment is poor. At least, that's what I'm telling myself. Ohm.

**********************

Nothing else all that new to report. I'm just having a good time reading all your stuff, you prolific people!

8 comments:

d e v a n said...

All the schools here are closed today as well as gym play cares, parks and just about everything else. eeps!

Sunny said...

Wow- I've had a lot going lately as well and have just caught up on YOUR posts on this page.

Poor baby.

Had a rough few weeks haven't you?
Let me just say.......enjoy it. I know that sounds like a lot to ask- but some day- you'll want these days of chaos and confusion again.

My kids are 29,27 and would have been 25 and I would give almost anything to have thosde days of chaos back again.

Quiet days are for the old and useless.

Did that help any?
;-)

Hotch Potchery said...

Patrick will be fine! Anyone who knows anything about 6 year olds will keep a close eye on them (by the way, you switched up names and called him something else, if I read that right...)

Kelsey said...

I had to laugh a little at the thought that the cast will make him less attractive to kidnappers - way to look on the bright side!

I feel like I'm being mindful about Swine Flu, but not panicking just yet. I am trying to trust the words of all the authorities telling us not to freak out.

Anonymous said...

The Swine flu is definitely scary... but on the other hand, I read in a blog somewhere that they've decided its not 150 people in the USA who have it, but more like 10. Probably 150 people had the symptoms when they heard about Swine Flu... but it turned out to be mostly psychosomatic!

creative kerfuffle said...

telling you not to worry about patrick is futile, but, think about how mindful you are of the kids when you chaperone. maybe i'm naive in that i think parents who volunteer to do that are like me, they want the kids to be safe, they are counting heads at least every 10 minutes and since they have kids that age they know the ropes.

Elizabeth Channel said...

I love it! The positive side of an arm cast!

Sherendipity said...

I know, I'm having such a hard time making it around to visiting everyone, and still maintaining fodder on my own blog. I feel bad because I don't want people to think that I've stopped following them, but I've just been so out of touch lately.