Monday, December 8, 2008

Prizes and Awards, Oh, My!

Well, I can say that I feel nothing if not loved and lucky over the last week! I got two awards, and won TWO PIFS!!! How can this be?!?! So, I have a lot of gifty karma to catch up on!!!

First, I would like to thank CK and Sher for giving me the kick-ass awards below:





Awesome, right??? So, the rules are that I have to...

1. Say one nice thing to a man in your life.
DH is the nicest, most patient person I know. He's a wonderful parent, probably better than me at times, and is most definitely the only person who could put up with me on a regular basis.


2. List at least six ways that you measure success in your life (or for your blog).
I feel successful when/because
- my kids are secure in their lives and in the knowledge that they are loved
- I accomplish things that I set out to do
- I make other people's lives easier by helping / volunteering
- people actually seem interested what I have to say! :)
- my relationships with my friends and extended family are kept up
- I overcome fear to try new things (like I'm going caroling as part of a quartet next week, and if I don't faint/throw up, I will have succeeded!)

3. Assign this award to six other blogs and leave them a comment telling the blogger that you’ve assigned them this award.

1. Kelsey at Midwest Mom

2. Jean at Stimeyland

3. Erin at MO Mommy

4. Kristi at Autobiography of a Material Girl

5. Cherish at A Girl and Her Blog

6. Rebecca at Life With Boys


Unbelievably, I also won Cherish's and Kelsey's PIF contests (!!!), so I need to run one of my own. Hmmmm..... we'll need two winners.... OK! What is your most embarrassing holiday moment? Winner number one will be for The Most Scarring For Life, and winner number two will be for Snarfed-My-Coffee-Funny. (If you all are too hilariously scarred as a bunch, I will resort to random selection.) Now, come on, SPILL!!! I know you won't disappoint me! The contest will end at 11:59EST on Saturday the 13th.

6 comments:

creative kerfuffle said...

Ok, I have an embarrassing one but it's over Thanksgiving, not Christmas, does that count?

If so, I will share it : )

Sherendipity said...

Awww, I can't play along. I don't have any embarrassing holiday moments. But I'll definitely look forward to reading everyone else's.

Cherish said...

Hey, thanks for the award!! yay!

I have a definately scarring holiday moment but it isnt something that I can share becuase it is more personal and life changing than funny... :( Im gonna try to think of something though and Ill be bakc if I do!

Astarte said...

Yes, Thanksgiving embarrassments can definitely count. They are the start to the whole fiasco of the season!

Stimey said...

Awww, thank you! I promise to play along with the award. It just takes me months to get there. Thanks!!

creative kerfuffle said...

ok, so my most embarrassing holiday was when i was about in 8th or 9th grade. i had only recently started my period. we went to wv for thanksgiving where ALL of my extended family lives. i was hanging out at one grandma's house and my parent's were at the other grandma's house. i started my period. since people having periods had not lived in that house for about 10 yrs the only supplies my gma had were those long, ginormous mattresses that attached to belts. one of my aunt's (10 yrs older than me) took pity and called my mom and told her to stop at the store on her way to my gma's and get me some real supplies. so, when my folks walk in w/ my supplies in a brown paper bag i was pleased--right up until my dad whipped out this huge box of pads in the living room--in front of all of my uncles who were watching tv--and asked if i needed these. i was humiliated. all the adults laughed an i basically avoided the lot of them as much as possible the rest of the day.