Monday, December 15, 2008

The Funniest Thing I Have Ever Read

I am totally stealing this from my friend, B, who was shopping with her little man today. He is three. Caution: do not eat or drink while reading this. You will snarf.

Shopping with E:

I throw a small box of OB in the cart. E grabs it and here's what follows:

E: What dis?
B: OB. See those letters? OB.
E: Oooooh, OB. I yike dis box mommy.
B: I'm glad Eamon.
E: Dis for your jina mommy?
B: Yes, but we don't talk about it with other people around.
E: Why, mommy. Why dis for your jina?
B: Shhh, we don't talk about it with other people around. (We're now in the busy dairy section)
E: (increasingly loud) Why dis for your jina mommy!
B: (Trying to ignore him) Shhhh, Eamon.
E: (pissed off shouting) MOMMY, WHY DIS FOR YOUR VAGINA! (why does he say the full word at the top of his lungs?)
Woman next to us cracks up.
Man passing us looks away uncomfortably.
I take the box and put it in the back of the cart, out of his reach, and give him a box of bunny crackers.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Not Your Aunt B said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who was kids like this. Miss A loves to do a running commentary in the bathroom, especially the public bathroom, especially about other people and how they are farting or pooping or have stinky poops. But, hey, everyone gets a marshmallow for going potty!

Kristi said...

HA HA HA HA HA

You're right. It is the funniest thing I have ever read! Gotta love 3 year olds!!

creative kerfuffle said...

i almost peed my pants on that one! gina---lol. love.it. my kids aren't 3 anymore but they have no clue what inside voices are when we go out to eat. i'm sure the tables around us get an ear full.

Marie Green said...

Awesome story!