Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Grocery Roundup, Dec 9, and Awesome Music Link

(I know, two posts one right after the other... I had actually written the PIF one last night, but was having problems getting it to post. Still, Dork.)

This was a rough trip. We were almost entirely out of snacks AND we needed toiletries, OUCH. Plus, I bought some things I don't usually get, like juice (I'm trying the V8 banana drink in hopes that it will not taste like a carrot's ass) and ice cream. Plus, DH told me that we were out of frozen veggies, when in actuality we had FIVE BIG BAGS of them behind the ice cream. So, with that in mind, we're probably set until the new year on many things because I bought doubles of other things as well that were on sale.

Breakdown:
Items purchased: 164
Coupons Used: 40
Coupon Savings: $30.09
Bonus savings: $9.05
Club Card Savings: $74.45
Total Spent: $378.53
Total Saved: $113.59
Percent Saved: 23%

I am disappointed in this, to be honest. For one thing, that's a lot lower percentage than I usually save. For another, I got Reba Redneck at the register, and she was NOT good with coupons. For instance, when she encountered ones that didn't scan through easily, she set them aside and then, before I knew what she was doing, added them up in her head in a wad and put them in as a big store coupon. This kept them from being doubled, AND I know that she added them wrong, which I pointed out to her, so she put in another $.40 off after that, but still, I'm pretty sure it was still wrong, and it cost me money. :( OK, so it was probably only a dollar or two, but still. It's the principle of the thing. Hmph.

Anyway, here's something else: this is the coolest Christmas song I've heard in YEARS, from Straight No Chaser. Listen to the WHOLE THING, because it's not what you expect it to be.

6 comments:

creative kerfuffle said...

omg--the music link is AWESOME. i'm emailing it to everyone i know : )
and, that sucks about the cashier. i hate dumb cashiers.

Sherendipity said...

Straight No Chaser is awesome, awesome, awesome.

Kristi said...

I've been so intrigued by your coupon awesomeness that I think I'm going to make it my New Year project!!!

Hotch Potchery said...

I got intrigued by your title while lurking around CK's site...the link is awesome.

That coupon shopping is amazing.

LoriD said...

Reba Redneck - LOL!

That video made me smile. I think my dad would love their CD for Christmas.

Not Your Aunt B said...

I hate dumb cashiers. I had a $1 off coupon for an item that was also "free" if I bought another item so if she would have scanned the coupons in the right order I would have gotten a $1 off first and then it would be free. Of course, she didn't and I only got it free. But I want my $1!