Friday, August 15, 2008

Fun Photo Friday Meets Unsolved Mysteries

Here are some pictures I've been taking lately:

Of the garden:
This is a Chocolate Rose Silk Morning Glory - they're rare, and I'm TICKLED that it actually grew!!! I planted it months ago, and had given up on ever seeing it bloom! It's planted in huge bucket with a few other varieties (below)

Grandpa Ott's MG:


and another variety whose name I've forgotten - you can't tell too well, but it's striped purple:


Also, my 'dead plants' on our walkway that I got from Lowes (not the hanging one, because I'm killing that one myself, thank you)-

...and the cat, just for fun (she likes to hide in the marigolds and watch the birds):


Baci, whose ear is inside-out, disgusted because I gave him watermelon:




Our little tenants, the Mourning Doves, who are about two weeks old now:

And, just to prove that I haven't wrung their little necks yet, here's one of the kids, at the science center yesterday:


Only five more days (six for Patrick) until school starts!! (Not that I'm counting, or anything.)

***

Also - here's a mystery for you all. I had a long conversation with our neighbor, Corinne, today, and it WASN'T her that came to our door and complained that the dogs were barking! I knew I didn't recognize her, but I thought it was just her being messy and me being confused. Now I have NO idea who it was, because we only have one neighbor (we're on the corner). There is literally NO OTHER WINDOW near us for them to be barking near. WTH? So now I'm being haunted by angry, tired ghosts, apparently!

6 comments:

Susiewearsthepants said...

oooohhhh. A good ghost mystery. I love those! Hey, maybe you are like the Ghost Whisperer.

creative kerfuffle said...

love the pics--the one morning glory looks like a moonbeam is shooting out of it, beautiful.
very weird about the neighbor. this is the one that showed up in a bathrobe complaining about the dogs right? maybe that old couple is in cahoots with the mysterious robed person :)

Not Your Aunt B said...

I am jealous of the flowers. Everything here is brown or about to catch fire due to the bloody heat.

Kelsey said...

That is very strange about your neighbor. . . color me suspicious. I hope you never have another complaint, people need to relax!

Kristin.... said...

Love the flower pics!

Oh neighbors. Who needs them? Gah. Very odd place you live. :)

Not Your Aunt B said...

I've tagged you for a post on 6 random things about you. I just really like your blog and hope you can do it.
http://thiswonderfulcrazylife.blogspot.com/2008/08/tagged.html