Monday, September 28, 2009

Rockin' Our Bad Selves

First thing's first, people - I got a....

wait for it....

wait for it....

NINETY SIX on my exam!!!!! Oh, yeah! The woman at the testing center actually *hugged* me! I did the end-zone dance all the way outta there. OK, only in my head, but STILL. Whee!


**************************
And now, this:

Patrick has been wearing these 3-D glasses ever since we went to see Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs on Saturday afternoon. He wore them to school today, even. He was wearing them when he came home. I have been singing Rocket Man ever since I took this photo. And now, I give the gift of unending mental music to you. You're welcome!

****************

After my exam, I went shopping for new bras. Next to bathing suits, bras are the worst thing to buy, EVER. I made the mistake of starting at Walmart, simply because I bought my last bunch 'o boulder holders there for $5 apiece a year ago (yes, they were crappy and are now dead, but for $25, I'm fine with that). Did you know that they now refuse to let you into the changing room without scanning you for shoplifting, even if you're obviously only holding a few hangers of bras? What did she think I was hiding in there, a toaster?! (well, on second thought, maybe I could have been, by ta-ta's *are* quite grand.) AND she reminded me TWICE to make sure I gave the stupid plastic number hanger back to her, so she could be sure I'd left. The changing room's a closet less than two feet from the desk she was slouched at. I had to walk by her to leave, and I really don't need a plastic number hanger at home, k'thx. That put me in a crappy mood right there, AND the bras were bad, so it was a total waste of a trip.

I finally broke down and went to Kohls, where I spent a small fortune on four push-up bras (so I don't trip on said ta-ta's). BUT, thanks to Josie, I saved a bunch of money on shoes, because we realized the other day that kid's size 5 is the same as adults' 6.5 - 7, so I bought a cute pair of sketchers mary janes for myself in the girls' dept and saved $20. HA!

I also bought a Hoover floor washer thing at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I hate mops, and Swiffers just don't deal with real cleaning (although they're good for general spills and doggie messes). I used it today, and I think I like it. At least it leaves the floors dry, which is nice considering I can never keep people/pets off the floors.


8 comments:

clueless but hopeful mama said...

Congrats on your exam!

(Sorry for being MIA!)

ROCKET MAN!

I fear buying bras once my nursing days are over. I will need some minor scaffolding, I fear.

Swistle said...

And I think it's gonna be a long long time....THANKS A LOT.

creative kerfuffle said...

you are rocking the school yards--both elementary and college : ) yeah you! that pic of patrick is too funny. the hubs always says i wear rose colored glasses but i think 3d glasses would be much, much cooler.
i also tried swiffer and loved it for about a week. i fear w/ dogs/cats/hair nothing is going to work the way i think it should.
i am in dire need of bras too and keep putting off shopping for them. i hate bra shopping. HATE it.

Nowheymama said...

Ooh, what Hoover floor thing?

"...burnin' out his fuse up here alone..."

Hotch Potchery said...

man, your feet are TINY. I wish I could buy junior running shoes and junior sandals...I dig the colors and sparkles.

Yay for great grades!!

DAVs said...

Ha! Your description of the Walmart dressing room is spot on. Yikes.
And I figured out that whole kids shoe size equivalent a while back and totally try to take advantage--my Chuck Taylors are kids for sure--and much cheaper.
At any rate, I recently wrote a post about comment etiquette--and how you can support someone and never hear back and what a bummer that is, and I realized you have supported me and I am a lame commenter back! So two things: thanks for the support--it really has meant a lot, and I am going to try to do better to support back :)

Kristin.... said...

Congrats on the good grades! Make sure you put your grades on the fridge! :)

I love Rocket man!

Kelsey said...

I wonder if it's the same Hoover floor thing that I have - I'd be interested to hear how you are liking it???